Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Monday, July 28, 2008

El Menos

Ah...Mexican! My love of Mexican food is great. In fact, I would say anything that is cheesy, greasy, spicy and cheap is delicious. I love Mexico, the food, the people, the culture and the soaps.

El Menos is a little family restaurant on 1700 South at about 300 East. The atmosphere is amazing. The little girls are playing tag with each other in the restaurant while the parents are in the back cooking. The glass bottles of Pepsi, the mismatched tiled table tops and the cement floor make you feel like you've stepped into Mexico.

There is something about this place that makes me want to go back. Perhaps, it's the old men lazily watching futbol on the TV or the little girls running through the tables. I'm not sure, but there is something about El Menos that makes me feel at home.

Our service was decent. Our waitress is the owner's 14 year old daughter. She was very patient with my gringo friends and I as we struggled to ask questions about the all Spanish menu. She was also very shy, but give her some time and she will be an excellent waitress.

The food is cheap expect to pay about $8 for an entree, arroz, frijoles y cola. The have a small market of Mexican treats and toys at the front counter as well. So if you'd like to pick up some plastic tops or ancho chiles you can.

El Menos food is hardy, delicious Mexican. The family feeds you like you are one of their kids home for a visit. The experience is unmatched by any other restaurant I have been in Salt Lake. El Menos makes you feel right at home even when you can barley say, "no hablo espanol." I can't wait to go back. See you there!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin Carr said...

OH! yum!

July 28, 2008 at 5:04 PM  
Blogger Bridger W. said...

If you're willing to make the trip, Tacos Nacos in Sandy makes awesome, awesome tacos (pork, chicken, veggie, beef are all wonderful), tortas, quesadillas, nachos, etc. It's my favorite Mexican place in the valley.

October 10, 2008 at 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home