Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Life: Column writing and other musings

This semester I did a directed study in column writing for The Forum.

The latest column will catch you up on what I've been thinking about the last few weeks.

Writing this column helped me make the decision to go to Taiwan in July. I'm applying for my passport today and hopefully will have it in my hands by the first of June. Just in time for the final deadline on my application.

I plan to continue writing from Taiwan and all my adventures there. Hopefully, lots of cool food stories will come out of the change in country. (I'm weirdlly excited to try chicken feet.)

In the meantime, I'm focusing on enjoying the time I have left at Westminster because it's been such a wonderful experience for me. (Could I sound more like a brochure? Ew!) Starting off with an awesome belated St. Patty's day party this weekend.

I'm testing out potatoe skins (my own recipe) and sidecars.

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for reading!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous rikki said...

that sounds awesome!

are you gonna study there or party or work or what?

as long as blogging is involved, i will give my approval

:)

your column totally resonated with me. im terrfied too!

maybe we should drive a weiner mobile in taiwan together?

March 21, 2010 at 11:27 PM  
Blogger Krista Smith said...

OMG! Yes! That would be amazing! I'm totally thinking about coming back and taking up WeinerMobile driving for a year.

I'll be working full-time as a teacher in Taiwan, but I want to spend some time partying and travelling.

April 5, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home