Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Life: I love a good fight

I love it when Manfriend and I have a fight.

That sounds terrible, right? We're a couple and I'm happy when we fight? What's wrong with me?

Well, nothing really. What I love about fights is how we fight. It doesn't actually feel like a fight; it seems like a disagreement that is settled civilly by adults.

For example, we were hanging out with the incomparable Ava and she has a gimp foot so walking is difficult. CBC and I took her home and he parked the car out in the street. So I said, "What? You can't park in the driveway so she doesn't have to walk as far? Come on, Chris."

I could tell CBC was upset. I tried to make it better by saying I was sorry and that I wasn't trying to be bossy. I just didn't want Ava to walk anymore than she has to with a hurt foot, I explained.

After Ava got out of the car, CBC said, "I know you're not trying to be controlling, but sometimes the way you say something...you're just snarky." I think snarky was a nice substitute word for bitchy.

Then I said, "You know what? You're right. I should've said that more politely. I'm sorry. I'll work on that."

The end!

Isn't that awesome? That was the whole friggin' thing. My ex-boyfriend and I used to scream at each other for an hour and get nowhere.

In less than five minutes now boyfriend and I resolved the whole thing.

By the way, it's really hard for me to not say the first mean thing in my head and make it nicer, but I'm trying. *Promise*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home