Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Food Review: Finn's Cafe

Lovely Ava and I headed to the Salty City mainstay, Finn's Cafe for lunch one freezing winter afternoon.

Even though the world outside was gray and frigid, Finn's does a great job of being welcoming, bright and vibrant. The Cafe has been in operation since the 1940s and they have the memorabilia tastefully displayed to prove it.

Ava and I both had the cream of cauliflower soup. It was so good. I was not expecting the dish to be as delicious or pretty as it was. Finn's also serves onion rolls that were nice and crusty on the outside and all fluffy goodness on the inside.

I had the catch of the day for lunch. It turned out to be crab cakes and they were delicious. The sauce Finn's served with them was great! The whole dish was presented beautifully. Everything was so tasty I ate far more than I should've, which made this lunch a great intervention in an otherwise yucky day.

Ava had the weinerschintzel and she said it was good. It looked delicious! I'll have to try some of that soon. We both agreed the roasted potatoes and asparagus were good. The potatoes were cooked just right and seasoned well. Not surprisingly, the potatoes were my favorite part of the dish. Everything seemed to be cooked just right.

Our server was very helpful and did a great job of keeping an eye on us without hovering. The owner even stopped by to check everything tasted good. And it did! I have feeling you would be hard pressed to have a bad experience at Finn's. These people have been in business for over 60 years and it shows.

The only catch for me was the price. Lunch was a little more expensive for the two of us than I normally would like to spend, but the warm haven was well worth the price.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous janetha said...

thanks for the review! just came across your blog and find it super informative :) have a good one!

April 1, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home