Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Film review: "And I thought could it be? A four man wolf pack?"

Hey, "The Hangover" is finally at the dollar theatre. You have no excuse to not watchi it now.



So basically, this movie is just awesome. I have never laughed so hard during a film in my life.

There are way too many funny lines for starters. From, "Dude, there's a tiger in the bathroom!" to "When's the next Haley's comet?" to keep anyone from cracking up. I especially love, "I think he looks like a Carols, too." But it just keeps going, every line is funny.


The actors did a superb job of making you believe the craziness of their Las Vegas visit. Not to mention, some of the best cameos I have ever seen in a film. Mike Tyson as himself is about the funniest thing in this comedy. And I cannot get over Bradley Cooper. I love this man! I'm going to meet his gorgeousness in real life and giggle madly.

The funny film manages to have a story line that is interesting although, like most comedies it is a thin attempt to hang a number of hysterical scenes together. Luckily, the way the director, cinematographer, writer and/or producer (there are way too many people making a single film to give only one of them credit) decided to show the story make the story line less necessary than most films and they begin right where they end so the audience is left with a sense of closure.

But finally where this film really blew me away was the camera work. When it comes to comedy, I'm a cynical disbeliever. I expect to see basic camera work, obvious jokes and obnoxious characters. Not with "The Hangover." The crew did an exquisite job of putting together interesting shots on a well-lit set with an amazing set design. The opening and closing shots visually tie the story line together while both are well-executed and artistically interesting. Pretty amazing for a summer blockbuster film.

The day this is on DVD it's in my movie collection. I still crack up every time someone mentions wolves because they are now a "four man wolf pack."

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous rikki said...

my FAVORITE part was after the asian guy runs away from the trunk

"who was that guy?
"yeah .. he was so mean!"

November 1, 2009 at 9:06 PM  
Blogger Krista Smith said...

OMG! I couldn't stop laughing long enough to hear the dialogue after he jumped out of the trunk. It was the funniest thing I've seen. Ever.

November 2, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home