Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Murphy's

They say they're a step down in social clubs. It's a clever play on the fact that their bar is indeed a few steps down from the sidewalk.

On the day, I learned I'm editor for next year's student paper at Westminster, Ava was sweet enough to take me out celebrating. She really likes Murphy's and had been there before with some work friends.

Murphys has some cool stuff. For one thing, it never got too crowded so I always felt like I had plenty of space. They also have a dart board. I totally suck at the aiming and throwing thing. Luckily when I'm the right amount of buzzed, I throw it and hit something.

The Long Islands I had were incredibly strong. The bartender used tequila instead of vodka. They were yummy, but at $8.50 each I probably should've stuck to drinking just one.

Ava ordered a Cape Cod and a Newcastle. I'm not a big fan of Cape Cod's, but as far as I know these are her favorite. The Newcastle is an English beer. It's heavier than most the beer I drink, but it's so smooth you wouldn't know the difference. I wonder if there's a different place to buy it.

For dinner, I had a hamburger and french fries. The food was okay. Pretty much what you would expect from a bar. The hamburger was well-done and I don't think you get to choose. Although it was served open-face there was no mayonnaise, so the bread was a little dry.

The fries were NOT fresh cut. Why do people even bother with these? Seriously, fries are so much better when you cut them. I'm pretty sure they're just as cheap and they make my tummy happier. I was very disappointed by the fries and the lack of fry sauce.

So next time I want to throw back a few drinks and play some darts I probably will go to Murphy's. I'll just have dinner someplace else.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darts!!!

April 21, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home