Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Alcohol: G'morning, Bloody Mary!

I'm not sure what posessed me, but I bought a bottle of tomato juice. Then 48 hours later it hit me: I should be able to whip up an awesome Bloody Mary with my standby stock of vodka.

You see, where this is going? You are impressed.

So I took a jigger (ounce and a half) of vodka, an ounce of Worcesthershire sauce, a dash of Louisana Hot Sauce and a dash of siracha, half a cup of tomato juice, 1/2 a lemon freshly squeezed and shook it up with some ice in my cocktail shaker. I strained the concotion into my glass added a slice of lemon, a celery stick and salt and pepper.

Ta-da!

It was delicious and went awesome with Mad Men season three re-runs. Almost like Sally made it for me.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous The Lady Ava said...

Roger might be from "The Greatest Generation", but Sally is obviously part of "The Bartender Generation" and really, which would you prefer?

May 14, 2010 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger Krista Smith said...

Well, I know I'm on Sally's side for this one.

May 18, 2010 at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home