Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Life: Mostly endings...

I thought today I would be telling you about how I'm so excited for my parents to get here and my big crazy family to come join me for graduation tomorrow. And I am excited about that.

I thought I would tell you today that I'm teaching English at the Say Say English Institute in Mokpo, South Korea. But I'm not.

A few days ago, I interviewed to teach at Say Say. The interview went okay. I certainly had mixed feelings about it. But I guess it went well because the next day they offered me a job.

I told Manfriend it was likely I would take this job. And he asked what that meant for us. I told him the same thing I've beens aying since March, "I want to try a long-distance relationship. I love you and I think it's worth the effort." And this time instead of saying, "I don't know," he said, "I don't think I can."

And that's when I started crying. We talked about it more. And I asked what would happen if I stayed here. I love Salt Lake City and I could find work here. I wouldn't mind staying. And if it meant staying with Manfriend, I might.

But he was determined to break up, I guess. He said I couldn't not go that I've been talking about teaching overseas for too long. That I'll always regret it if I stay. And he's right.

I just wish it didn't have to come to this. I guess it will just be one more things that ends this weekend.

Fuck.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eli and Amber Wisden said...

Being a grown up sucks -- I'm sorry life is hard; making decisions often involves alot of "gray" area. I love you!

May 29, 2010 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger Hang said...

Sorry to hear that. Life has shown me that there is always a silver lining. Want a cookie? ;)

May 29, 2010 at 10:19 PM  
Blogger Krista Smith said...

Aw, thanks Amber and Hang. I'll have to take you up on that cookie sometime. I see a Dough Girl visit in the future.

May 29, 2010 at 10:53 PM  
Blogger Hang said...

Monday! The People's Dough Girl is offering a free cookie. Boo Pilsbury. I'm not that much into sweets so I've been giving away the stuff I've been making.

May 29, 2010 at 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home