Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Big City Soup

Chicken Curry Soup
Who knew chicken curry would make such a wonderful soup? Not me. But apparently the guys at Big City were already knew it would be an excellent combination of flavor and texture.

My experience at Big City Soup was at the original location (235 South 400 West) proved to me why I love Salt Lake Lake City and food. Big City is just around the corner from my office and an easy walking distance in four inch heels. Always, a giant plus!

The staff was very friendly and more than helpful. Once I explained I had never been there before the server was more than happy to give me free samples of all the soups available. As soon as I sampled the chicken curry I knew it was the soup I wanted.

Layered with flavors including curry, scallions and chicken. The soup was full of delicious chunks of chicken, onion and carrot. I can't get over how delicious this soup was. I'm having difficulty coming up with the words to describe the blend of sweet, sour and spicy, but it was there and it was perfect.

The one downfall of the food was the ciabatta roll. Umm...I'm not sure, but even for ciabatta it seemed stale and hard. Plus it was definitely lacking flavor. I'll admit I haven't eaten a whole lot of ciabatta in my time. And I don't think I'll be eating a whole lot more in the future.

Oh and did I mention gift certificates? That's right. Oh yeah, it was free to me! YAY! Does a place get any better? I was lucky enough to have a $10 gift certificate from my work so I was happy to pay their $6.50 for the soup and bread.

In all honesty I thought it was a little expensive, but completely worth it. The soup was amazing! The help was incredible! And being so close to my office I will definitely be back.

After all, I still have $3.50 on my gift card. What are you soup stories?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home