Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Lobster Tail

Ava's sister moved and in doing so donated all her food to us. Yay! It was very generous, plus it gave me some cool new ingredients to work with. I believe it's a universal law that college kids cannot afford lobster tail. So this is the recipe I tried out it also involves making your own broiler so if you have one just ignore that part of the instructions.

Soft Ware:
(makes two servings)
Two thawed or fresh lobster tail (3-4 oz. each)
1 C. White Cooking Wine
1 tsp. Dried Parsley
1 Tbs. unsalted butter
salt
pepper

Hard Ware:
A cooking rack
A shallow pan
A spatula

Heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Fill the shallow pan with the wine, parsley and butter. Place the rack over the pan. Put the lobster, shell up, on the rack. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.

The sauce came out way too thin. I think next time I will try making a soup out of the lobster tail. This is the first time I ever had lobster and it was a little fishy, but my ingenious wine at the bottom of the pan prevented the lobster from drying out.

Any suggestions you have for lobster soup, or better lobster sauce would be lovely.

Happy Cooking!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i wish i knew you were making lobster cause i would have told you to keep the shells. Lobster Bisque's unique lobster flavor, without the fishy taste, comes from the shells. You saute mirepoix(carrot, celery, and onion) and the shells, you add brandy (Lots of brandy) :) and then add stock, you reduce, season, and grind. you can put in a heavy dutie blender. Just puree it hard core! Then strain, add cream and butter to give a rich taste. Season once more. DO NOT LET IT BOIL! and ENJOY~!

February 9, 2009 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Krista Smith said...

Thanks, my chef! I do love you. I will try that out next time, I bust out the lobster. Thanks for all your wonderful culinary advice.

February 10, 2009 at 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home