Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Eva

This is a great new place in Downtown. The small plate diner has been open for a couple months now. They say they serve Mediterranean food, but they seemed more strictly Italian to me.

The restaurant is fabulous! They have really cool, modern tables and chairs. Plus, some awesome artwork on the walls. I'm pretty sure it's from a local artist. The bright neon colors of the work bring in some much needed contrast with the dark wood of the tables, chairs and floor. The small space could easily be put to the test on a busy night, but there were only few tables when I was there so I had plenty of room.

Our server was a little shy, but she was great. She knew the menu really well and answered all our questions. She was helpful and made good recommendations. I wish I could remember her name.

For our appetizers we ordered calamari and french fries. The aioli was great! I'm pretty sure aioli is only code for fry sauce, but either way it was delicious. The calamari was fried perfectly nice and crispy breading surrounding a soft squid. Yummy! The fries had rosemary on them which is a stroke of genius. I must try this at home.

I ordered the octopus ravioli for my entree mostly because I'd never had octopus. It ended up being surprisingly good. Octopus is a little chewy, but the fried skin was nice and crispy. The texture paired really well with the artichoke pasta. I'm fairly certain the pasta was fresh and made by hand. It was fantastic! I would've been happy with just the ravioli and the sauce. The adventure of the octopus was just a plus.

Ava and Erin also had pasta entrees. I can't remember what they were, but I remember being impressed by the consistency of the dishes. All three were delicious! Like I said, homemade pasta.

When Ava, Erin and I were there last week they were still working on their alcohol menu so we had sodas instead.

All in all, I'm guessing our bill came under $50. I'm not sure because the fabulous Miss Ava bought us dinner. She is AMAZING! Oh yeah, and she has sexy, new hair to match.

If you're Downtown and want a quiet place for a sophisticated dinner, Eva would be a wonderful place. I hope you love it as much as I did!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't remember what it was called either, but I do know that there was lamb and these long flat noodles. Overall very yummy.

April 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger Netts Nook said...

I have not heard of Evas but I am going to give it a try thanks for the info. Been going to the Soup Kitchen before you were born love it.

May 4, 2009 at 7:54 AM  
Blogger Krista Smith said...

I know the Soup Kitchen is a staple in the Salt Lake City restaurant world. I'm glad so many people have enjoyed their food.

May 7, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home