Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Soup Kitchen

The bipolar weather of April in Salt Lake City makes me want to cry. So while I wear my sundress in the snow, I enjoy a nice cup of soup. One of my favorite soup places is the Soup Kitchen. The shop is right off Highland and 2100 South. So it's super close to my house and my school.

I love going in and grabbing some soup on my way to class. It's great! But the last time I was there I made an amazing discovery, onion rings!

We all know, I love onion rings. Rings are indeed deep-fried, golden goodness. At the Soup Kitchen, they are beer battered deliciousness. So good! Hmmm...

I got a full order for about $2.50, which ended up being enough onion rings for two people. The fry sauce was okay, not the best, not the worst. The onion rings themselves were amazing. They were hand-cut onions, dipped in a beer batter with some great seasoning and fried to the perfect level of golden, brown, crispy good.

I also had a cup of broccoli and cheese soup with two free cheese bread sticks. The bread sticks were great! As always a nice fluffy homemade bread. The soup was pretty good, but after the onion rings kind of a let down. It's probably still one of my favorite soups, but not the best cup ever.

In all I spent about $7 for a drink, soup, bread sticks and onion rings. It was a fantastic on the go lunch for cheap. I will definitely be stopping by again. If nothing else for the onion rings.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Eli and Amber Wisden said...

I share your soup kitchen love - it is yummy and cheap!!!

April 18, 2009 at 11:29 PM  
Anonymous Er-bear said...

I think that those onion rings where some of the best in the city.

April 19, 2009 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger Krista Smith said...

Thanks, Amber! I'm glad you like it, too. Maybe we can have a girls night or something and go there.

April 21, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home