Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

All you need is water

The bane of my kitchen existence was fried eggs and minute rice. I'm not really sure why they are just two foods I couldn't master. However, I have now conquered my nemesis the egg.

Erin showed me this awesome-o trick to fry eggs. It works so well and is so easy I have fried eggs successfully on two occasions without even breaking the yolk.

All I have to do is grease a small skillet, heat over a medium flame for a couple minutes, crack in two eggs and salt and pepper the eggies. Now here's the cool part-when the eggs are about halfway cooked, add about a teaspoon of water to the pan. It will hiss and fizz, but don't worry it's okay. Then cover the pan and wait just a couple minutes. Remove the lid and wa-la, two eggs over medium in five minutes. How easy is that?

Life skill accomplished. Now, on to that damn minute rice.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin Carr said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 29, 2009 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger Erin Carr said...

I believe my mom calls it "Baseting"? Any time I'm glad I can be a hero on your blog! ^^

May 29, 2009 at 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took me forever to figure out this trick. It never occured to me. Angels played trumpets around my head when I perfected it a few months ago at 3 in the morning.

November 8, 2009 at 1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home