Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Curry meet Oscar

My tummy is feeling much better. Lilian came to visit and she suggested I eat something and *poof* my tummy settled down. Just a few hours later we went to lunch at the Thai Garden at 4450 South 900 East.

The Thai Garden is inside a strip mall so it looks a little scary. Inside, the space has some cool and some weird decorations. My favorite decor is Oscar. Thai Garden has a fish tank where the most giant fish lives. His name's Oscar and he's 14 years old! The staff call him "Grandpa." Oscar is a monster fish. He's so big when he dived for some food his tail came out of the water.

Other nifty decorations include Christmas tinsel and a wall of photos of customers. There's a sort of quirky charm to the interior that made me love the atmosphere.

Our servers were very nice. Although, I was a little confused by the switch between two different women. Still, between the two of them we had everything we needed when we needed it.

I ordered a coconut curry soup and yellow curry with chicken for lunch from their combination menu for $8. The soup was delicious! It was sweet and mild. There were big chunks of mushroom, carrot and potato in the soup. All cooked perfectly!

The yellow curry was spicy and delicious. I was able to determine the right curry to rice ratio for me because the rice was served on the side so my mouth didn't burn. The chicken was tender and juicy. There was just enough cilantro to cool the curry down, but not so much you think you're eating grass.

Lilian ordered a sweet and sour soup and a sweet and sour chicken. She said the soup was really yummy. She also got the Thai Iced Tea. It was so good! I think it was coconut milk stirred with a chai tea, but I'm not sure. I do know it looked and tasted amazing. So when I go back to Thai Garden I'll be drinking their tea.

Lunch came to a rough total of $21. Thai Garden is a slow enough restaurant they will let you just hang out for a while. Plus they were totally cool with Lil and I messing with Oscar because really we're all 12 inside. If Thai Garden were closer to me, I would definitely go there more often. If you're ever by 4500 South and 900 East definitely check this place out.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaaaand now I'm hungry, you'll have to take me there some time. Did Sassy find this place?

May 21, 2009 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger Krista Smith said...

We found it together. I was reading In This Week and they reviewed it so I asked her if we could go there. Of course, my sense of direction was no help, but she found it.

May 21, 2009 at 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a good thing I wasn't there then, everytime I try and go anywhere with the Sass we always get detoured/horribly lost.

May 21, 2009 at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home