Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Back to the pond

After Erin and I had our adventure in a suburban/small town hell, we were relieved to be back in the city. It's just nice to know where things are and to see streets with different names.

Since we had missed out on lunch, we decided to head to Downtown for some dinner. Erin wanted to check out Saans since she missed their show on Friday. The photography there is incredible!

For dinner we went to the Atlantic Cafe on 325 South Main Street. It's a great little place with an amazing vibe and an awesome patio. Our server was the blond woman who I've had before. She's good, not great. But does a decent job of waiting tables.

We sat on the patio. I had a Newcastle, which is a great beer from the UK. It's dark, smooth and only half as bitter as you'd think. But for five dollars, I limited myself to just one. I ordered the salmon dinner. In order of yumminess the meal was crostini, salad, salmon and rice.

The crostini were incredible. These nearly bite size slices of bread were oven-grilled, slathered with butter and topped with Parmesan cheese. I couldn't help, but eat them all.

The salad was just as simple mix of greens with croutons, Parmesan cheese and balsamic vinaigrette. The balsamic was sweeter than what I'm used to and I was surprised to find myself eating the whole salad.

The salmon was grilled perfectly, but not quite as fresh as I would like. Plus with only one sliver of a lemon slice, I wanted more lemon and really I could've used a tartar sauce. It was served with a red sauce Atlantic puts on nearly every dish, but it just didn't quite go together.

Erin had the steak kebab and I'm pretty sure she loved it. She ate enough so she felt like she couldn't move after we finished. Not that I was going anywhere.

I ordered the chicken kebab to go for Ava. She stayed home because she wasn't feeling well. Once she had her chicken she seemed to like it. I'm pretty sure Ava's ordered this before and I think it's one of her favorite things from Atlantic's menu.

All in all, dinner came to just over $40. It was more than I expected, but I'm going to chalk that up to the additional cost of beer. Yay! Utah!

As always, Atlantic is worth the trip especially if you're every feeling nostalgic for Europe. My favorite is still the margherita pizza.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin Carr said...

thanks for the food love I owe you! PS they have awesome pita bread and dip for it. And also have great European candies and other foods for sale inside.

May 19, 2009 at 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home