Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Hummus

I have no idea why I've never talked about hummus before. Actually, before I met Renee I may have tried hummus all of twice and both times I thought it was kind of a strange texture and lacking in flavor. Like I said my view of hummus changed when I met Renee.

Renne is a goddess! She moved to Salt Lake from North Carolina this past month to support her boyfriend. She's my film production mamma, a Southern women and a vegetarian, which is how I ended up with some delicious hummus.

I know, I know. I've never mentioned pre-packaged food before and I dislike fast food. But seriously good hummus comes in a little container from the store. My understanding and wikipedia agrees that hummus is usually made o fchickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper. The awesomeness of this pre-packaged dip is in the olives.

I want to try and make my own version of this hummus, I'll post the recipe later. But the kalamata olives in the mix made a huge difference in taste. The texture still takes some getting used to for my American self. I ate this hummus on everything--toasted bread, flour tortillas, chips and pita bread.

Like a good guacomole, a good hummus is about the dip, not the chip.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home