Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Eventually, we had cake

So that experiment of summer time flavors is not happening. Yesterday, I didn't go to a wedding.

Yes, you read that correctly. I didn't go to a wedding. Let me tell you what happened.

My friend Jen Soto invited me to her wedding. The ceremony was held at the Officer's Club at Camp Williams in Bluffdale. I don't know anyone who's been there before, but it was disastrous. And I had plenty of warning.

Erin and I went to the photo lab so she could develop film and I could do some writing. We left a little bit late. Then we took the wrong exit because there was some miscommunication about which direction Bluffdale was. I didn't bother with MapQuest because Jen's invite included directions. So we got on the freeway at about 1:45 p.m. The ceremony was scheduled to start at two.

We slowly made our way to Lehi Main Exit because there was traffic on a Saturday freakin' afternoon. Well, I decided we should take exit 282, which is not the Lehi Main exit. We ended up driving around Highland and Alpine for a long time.

These towns are insane! Everything looks the same. There are no distinguishing features on any of the buildings. We're in the middle of freaking suburbia and some guy is riding a horse in a hay field. It felt like the twilight zone to my small town turned city girl self.

I called one of our actors from the film I did during the semester because I knew he lived in Highland. At that point we had gotten directions from a very nice man at a gas station, so we were getting back on track.

We made it back to the freeway, found the right exit and discovered we needed to turn right not left. Oh and Redwood Road and Camp Williams Road are the same freakin' road, which is also called SR 98. Yes, the world hates me.

We got to Jen's reception at about 4 p.m. Remember, it started at two? Luckily, Jen is an amazing friend and a calm bride so everything went well. She looked amazing. Her family is super friendly and I ate some awesome cake. Oh and they had those baby cheesecakes so I was happy to finally be there.

Not surprisingly, exiting the twilight zone was no problem. Erin and I made it safely home without getting lost once.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home