Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

IHOP

Yep, yep breakfast for dinner is always a good plan. I rarely go to places like IHOP. Franchises and chains with faceless owners and depressed employees don't make me want to spend money. But last night I was outvoted by Erin and Harry.

So I made a brinner trip to IHOP. Our server had a cold, but she was really nice and she answered my usual questions about what's good on the menu. Turns out the waitress was a girl after my own heart her favorite dishes are the Split Decision Breakfast, the Appetizer Sample and the Cheeseburger with French Fries. It was a tough decision, but I went with the split decision breakfast.

So if breakfast were served as a sampler dish this would be it. I had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast and pancakes. Yeah, I was starving, but that is still way too much food for my tummy. I ate the eggs, sausage french toast and enough pancake to taste it. Yep, I was starving.

The coffee was mediocre. Like always if I added enough creamer and sugar, the hot caffeine was drinkable, but not anything worth talking about. Our server was stellar though and kept the water and coffee coming.

Here's the thing about IHOP, it's like Starbucks coffee nothing stands out in a good way or a bad way. It just is. So for the three of us to eat brinner at 9 p.m. it was $35. We enjoyed good service and had a nice time, but that's it. So I'll probably end up back at IHOP some other night, but it will never be the first place I think of when I want to go out to eat.

How do you feel about chain restaurants?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home