Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Coffee

Today, I must reflect on the meaninglessness of decaf. Really? Really?? What we're the inventors of decaffeinated coffee hoping to accomplish when they first extracted the caffeine from the coffee bean. What's the freakin' point?

This morning in my apartment we were out of regular coffee because we haven't been grocery shopping in a couple weeks. One day a few months back Miss Ava mistakenly bought some decaf grounds so that's all we had on hand. Erin made the coffee just the same as always, but it's not the same.

I apologize to all the decaf coffee drinkers in this world, but I must ask why? How does a cup of flavored, hot water wake you up in the morning. If I wanted decaf, I'd drink tea. This is why I must agree with the Sugar House Coffee slogan "Death to Decaf."

That's all.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin Carr said...

No Wonder.... they need to make the DECAF bigger on the package.

May 14, 2009 at 9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as I can tell Decaf has two uses.
One is for people like me, who maybe want to drink some coffee, but it's kinda late, and I have work tomorrow.
And two, revenge.
Option number 2 is most usually deployed by people in the food service industry.

May 18, 2009 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger Krista Smith said...

Ewww...I love Ava's plan. I agree, revenge is totally why decaf was invented. Then marketers realized there were people who might prefer decaf at certain times of day. And wa-la we have decaf on grocery store shelves.

May 18, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home