Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Questionable sushi

I'm sure we've all seen the sushi at Smith's. It's in the deli/bakery area and it always looks kind of questionable. Well, a friend said it wasn't too bad and worth trying. So I did. This was a mistake.

My first sign should've been the walk home. As I was coming home, I was followed by two LDS missionaries, which I thought was weird because I was carrying a case of Blue Moon. I had picked up the California Roll sushi because I figured with artificial crab how bad could it be?

The sushi was $6.19 and by far the cheapest sushi roll I've ever bought. I immediately went to the kitchen and broke into my sushi. After just a few pieces I was interrupted by the missionaries. They had been temporarily distracted by my neighbors and now it was my turn.

We talked for a few minutes. The blond was very persistent. I finally sent them on their way and went back to my sushi.

With a little wasabi and soy sauce, the sushi wasn't too bad. The roll had a fairly nice balance between rice, tobiko, crab, carrot and cucumber. Not great by any means, but palatable and for $6 it seemed worth the money.

Only now it's been more than 12 hours and I'm sitting on my couch feeling like I might puke. Smith's sushi is the most questionable food I ate yesterday. I blame the sushi. I so blame the sushi--and the missionaries.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That seems totally fair. I did warn you about the smith sushi though, but since your feeling bad I'll be nice and hold back on the song.

May 20, 2009 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Krista Smith said...

Thanks, I appreciate it.

May 20, 2009 at 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home