Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Drinking in Utah County

Where to get a margarita in Utah county?

It's a tough question to answer, but the answer seems to be Chili''s. Y'all know I don't like chains, but apparently that's all they have on University Parkway. Last night, the other Sundance interns and I went to dinner at Chili's.

Two good things, one: Presidente Margarita and two: The bar. I know that might sound redundant, but let me explain.

Utah County has a disgusting amount of children. I love my nieces and nephews. Children I don't know frighten me. When we walked in, everyone insisted we sit in the bar area. Our waitress Amber Rae was very friendly and a decent waitress. She seemed a little unprofessional and immature--most the staff appeared to be in their late teens so I was happy to have a waitress who could legally bring me alcohol.

The Presidente Margarita was nice and smooth. A little weak, a girl like me could always use a little more liquor. And like all Utah restaurant cocktails cost about $7.

The chicken fajita I ordered is really a bland quesadilla. It cost about $9 and came with fries. I will never order this again. I may not have been that hungry, but the fajita was past disappointing.

So if you ever find yourself in Orem, you can drink at Chili's. Good luck getting buzzed!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has more to do with the tweet that brought me here, but is there a limit for how many people can get in on one membership to a bar?

June 9, 2009 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Krista Smith said...

No ma'm. As long as you are a guest.

June 9, 2009 at 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home