Salt City Girl

Raves and rants about the Salty City's food, film and alcohol.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Loren, we need more deliciousness!

After beer there's always room for barbecue. Following Sunday's Brewfest Harry, Erin, Laura, Ava and I made our way to Sugar House Barbecue for some yumminess. We were able to sit our on the back patio and our server was Loren, one of Salt Lake's best waiters. He is so amazing I remembered him from my last visit to the barbecue over a year ago.

The man is incredible! He endured three drunken girls and their alcoholic friend very well. He even remembered it was Erin's birthday and brought her a free dessert that was big enough to share. He also answered my questions about the menu and let us move inside once it cooled down outside.

I ordered the 1/3 rack of pork ribs with Greek potatoes and beans. As for the ribs, they were great. They had a nice, smoky crust on the outside and were soft on the inside. I thought they were a little dry, but with the house barbecue sauce it was so delicious it didn't matter. The house sauce is spicy, sweet and sour so all the flavors roll across your tongue. It's not the barbecue sauce I expected, but I still enjoyed it.

The potatoes were so good I felt inspired to make my own version at home the next day. Just dice some potatoes with the skin on toss with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and Italian spices and cook until soft.

The grilled beans were way yummy and I can see why they are one of the most popular sides at Sugar House Barbecue. I'm not usually a huge fan of beans, even though I've been eating more of them lately. These beans were sweet, soft and flavorful.

Everyone else definitely loved their food, too because we all cleaned our plates. Harry said, "That was good. Where's dessert?" Harry and other men I've eaten there with seem to agree, Sugar House Barbecue doesn't serve enough barbecue. Sugar House Barbecue does serve a smaller portion than most restaurants. For me it just means I actually eat everything. I think the portion sizes are fine at Sugar House Barbecue because one meal is exactly enough to fill me up.

However, to each his own. If you go to Sugar House Barbecue, plan on spending around $15 per person on the entree. And if you bring a big appetite, you might want to order twice. Oh and do yourself a favor and ask for Loren.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin Carr said...

BTW their jambalaya is Amazing! Yum yum.

June 24, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home